For High School Graduates and Alumni
Each year, RMHC-Siouxland awards scholarships to high school graduates and Alumni Scholarships to previous RMHC scholarship winners.
Applications for the 2017 Scholarship Program are available at rmhc.org/rmhc-us-scholarships.
Beginning October 1, 2016, students may apply online. Graduating high school seniors may only apply for one of the four scholarships.
The deadline for the 2016 academic year is January 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM Central Time Zone, and all mailed back-up documents must be postmarked by the same date.
Applicants will be notified of their scholarship award status by June 16, 2017.
The four scholarship programs are:
- RMHC/African-American Future Achievers
General Eligibility Requirements
- Be a high school senior
- Be younger than 21-years old
- Be eligible to attend a two-year or four-year college, university or technical school, with a full course of study
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Live in a participating RMHC Chapter's geographic area
- Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline of the application
- Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program
- Provide verification of enrollment each year, at a respective, accredited post-secondary institution
Recipients are selected based on:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Volunteer and community service
- Personal statements
High School applications will be processed, reviewed, and winners will be selected by a committee of RMHC Board members and community members. Winners will be contacted in May, 2017.
The Alumni Scholarships are due June 15, 2017. Students will be chosen to receive a $1,000 scholarship to assist in continuing their education. RMHC-Siouxland is proud to offer assistance to students in furthering their education. Winners will be contacted by July 31, 2017.